This document is for an older version of
Freeform. View latest version →
MailChimp Mailing List API Integration
This documentation page assumes you have read over the Mailing List Integration Overview page. If you have not yet read it, please do so now. We also assume that you have a MailChimp account already, along with mailing list(s) already created. This integration requires that you have Freeform Pro. If you currently have Freeform Lite, you can purchase an upgrade to Freeform Pro by visiting your account area.
Includes support for the following:
- Field mapping to standard and custom fields (of text type and dropdown only), per list.
- Create & get API Key from MailChimp:
- Go to MailChimp website and log into your account.
- Go to the Extras > API keys page.
- Click the Create A Key button at the bottom of the page.
- After the page reloads, copy the newly created key under the API key column.
- Setup Integration on your site:
- Go to the Mailing Lists section in Freeform Integrations area (Freeform > Integrations > Mailing Lists)
- Click the New Integration at the top right.
- Select MailChimp from the Service Provider select dropdown.
- Enter a name and handle for the integration.
- Paste the MailChimp API key into the API Key field in Freeform.
- At the bottom of the page, click the Save button.
- Verify Authorization:
- After the integration is saved, it'll return you to the list of mailing list integrations.
- Click into the newly created integration.
- Confirm that there is green circle with Authorized in the middle of the page.