This document is for an older version of
View latest version →
Campaign Monitor Mailing List API Integration
This documentation page assumes you have read over the Mailing List Integration Overview page. If you have not yet read it, please do so now. We also assume that you have a Campaign Monitor account already, along with mailing list(s) already created. This integration requires that you have Freeform Pro. If you currently have Freeform Lite, you can purchase an upgrade to Freeform Pro by visiting your account area.
Includes support for the following:
- Field mapping to standard and custom fields of the following types:
- Multiple Options (can only select one)
- Multiple Options (can select many)
- Create & get API Key from Campaign Monitor:
- Go to Campaign Monitor website and log into your account.
- At the top right corner, click on the profile icon and select Account Settings.
- On the next page, click the API keys link near the bottom of the page.
- After the page reloads, click the Show API Key link to reveal your API key.
- Leave this page open and open a new tab to go to EE control panel...
- Setup Integration on your site:
- Go to the Mailing Lists section in Freeform Integrations area (Freeform > Integrations > Mailing Lists)
- Click the New Integration at the top right.
- Select Campaign Monitor from the Service Provider select dropdown.
- Enter a name and handle for the integration.
- Copy the value in the API Key field from Campaign Monitor and paste it into the API Key field in Freeform.
- Copy the value in the Client ID field from Campaign Monitor and paste it into the Client ID field in Freeform.
- At the bottom of the page, click the Save button.
- Verify Authorization:
- After the integration is saved, it'll return you to the list of mailing list integrations.
- Click into the newly created integration.
- Confirm that there is green circle with Authorized in the middle of the page.