This document is for an older version of
Express Forms. View latest version →
ProMailChimp Mailing List API Integration
This documentation page assumes you have read over the API Integrations overview page. If you have not yet read it, please do so now. We also assume that you have a MailChimp account already. This integration requires that you have Express Forms Pro edition. If you currently have Express Forms Lite, you can purchase an upgrade to Express Forms Pro inside the Craft 3 Plugin Store.
This integration includes support for the following:
- Field mapping to standard and custom fields of the following types:
- Setting for Double Opt-In.
- Currently does not support MailChimp Group mapping.
Follow the instructions below to setup MailChimp for Express Forms.
- Create & get API Key from MailChimp:
- Go to MailChimp website and log into your account.
- Click on your account name / avatar at top right, and select Account from the menu.
- In the sub-menu on the next page, click on Extras and then API keys.
- Click the Create A Key button at the bottom of the page.
- After the page reloads, copy the newly created key under the API key column.
- Setup Integration on your site:
- Go to API Integrations section inside Express Forms (Express Forms -> Settings -> API Integrations -> API Integrations).
- Click on Setup button for MailChimp.
- Paste the MailChimp API key into the API Key field in Express Forms.
- Enable the Double Opt-In toggle if you'd like your users to receive a confirmation email to confirm subscription.
- At the top right corner of Express Forms page, click Save button.
- Verify Authorization:
- After the integration is saved, it'll return you to the list of API integrations.
- Confirm that the integration is highlighted in green with status of Active.
- That's it! You can now use this integration inside the Form Builder to map fields.
express-forms-integrations.yaml config file (in your Craft
/config/ directory), you can setup API integrations directly in a file, allowing you to have different settings for different server environments, etc.
The MailChimp integration in the config file would look something like this:
Solspace\ExpressForms\integrations\types\MailChimp: apiKey: FAKE8f87og6g67676d8g6ds89g68766d-us14 doubleOptIn: false dataCenter: us14