- Added the ability to limit forms to be submitted once per email address only.
- Added a setting to the Mailchimp integration to allow choosing between appending existing Contact Tags with new ones when updating an existing contact.
- Fixed a bug where attempting to Allow a spam submission for a Payment form would result in an error.
- Added the ability to map submission data to
expiryDatefor Craft Entries.
- Added the ability to preparse Twig for the "Predefined Assets" setting in email notification templates. This allows for things like dynamically attaching an asset to the email notification based on a user's selection, etc.
- Updated Freeform template path settings to now include template folder autosuggestions.
- Fixed a bug where the hidden input for File Upload Drag & Drop fields was not getting an ID attribute applied to it.
- Fixed some minor issues with demo templates.
- Added a "Floating Labels" basic formatting template. Ready-to-go and does not require any frameworks or toolkits.
- Added support for
siamime types in Freeform's internal file validation helper.
- Overhauled and refreshed demo templates area. Easily try on a wide range of sample formatting templates for your forms, view submission data, check out advanced setups, etc.
- Fixed a bug where the Submission and Spam Purge features were not always working correctly.
- Fixed a few minor styling issues in most of the sample formatting templates.
- Fixed a bug where the Honeypot could trigger an unserialization error in some cases.
- Updated the JS Honeypot Enhancement feature to use the encrypted payload instead of PHP sessions when the 'Form Session Context' setting is 'Encrypted Payload'.
- Various improvements and adjustments to the Basic Light and Dark example formatting template examples.
- Fixed a bug where the Constant Contact integration could timeout when connecting if there were too many lists.
- Added two basic formatting template examples (dark and light modes) that are self-contained and complete to be added to any page. Does not require any frameworks or toolkits.
- Added setup guides directly into API integration settings pages.
- Updated the
form_postedcookie to only be created for users if a form uses a cookie check for limiting how many times a user can submit the form.
- Addressed some minor Craft 4.4 compatibility issues in the control panel.
- Made some minor adjustments to the CP Submission detail view.
- Improved Dutch (NL) language translations.
- Fixed a bug where the "Email Template" dropdowns in the form builder displayed both Database and File groups even if just one was selected.
- Added support for
.epsfiles in the Freeform file helper validation.
- Added support for
.webpfiles in the Freeform file helper validation.
- Updated English and Dutch (NL) translations to include all missing items.
- Updated default Freeform formatting templates to no longer include
lineHeightfor Stripe fields.
- Updated Signature field data to be included in exports.
- Fixed a bug where many items were not translatable in the Freeform control panel.
- Fixed a bug where using "Database Tables" for session storage context would result in an error when submitting forms.
- Fixed a bug where some migrations and integrations could error when using Guzzle JSON calls.
- Fixed a bug where an erroneous database index existed for email marketing integrations that would sometimes cause an error.
- Added an example Conversational style formatting template that displays one field at a time and smoothly scrolls down to the next question until complete.
- Fixed a bug where AJAX errors were not displaying correctly for Opinion Scale and Table fields.
- Fixed a bug where unfinalized files were not immediately being cleared upon successful submit of forms that are set not to store submission data.
- Fixed a bug where POST Forwarding was not being triggered when approving submissions in the Spam Folder.
- Fixed a bug where the
initHoneypotfunction was triggering error warnings about premature initiation.
- Fixed a bug where Multi-Select fields were missing some styles inside the form builder.
- Fixed a bug where single checkboxes were always being checked by default (as of 4.0.11).
- Fixed a bug where custom table attributes were firing on all element types.
- Added additional data to the AJAX submit response payload for multi-page forms.
- Added an example Bootstrap 5 formatting template that includes a preview/review of all fields across all pages.
- Fixed a bug where the opt-in data storage checkbox was not saving submission data when checked.
- Fixed a bug where Dynamic Recipient fields would not export with labels when the "Use Option Labels when Exporting" setting was enabled.
- Fixed a bug where the "Once per logged in Users only" option for duplicate checking wasn't preventing guests from submitting the form.
- Fixed a bug where extra returns were being inserted above H2s inside Rich Text fields (in the builder) when they were clicked on.
- Fixed a bug where deleting a spam submission from the CP detail view was not working.
- Added back Excel support for exporting submissions.
submissionLimitReachedto the Form object, allowing you to check if the user has already submitted the form when using the Limit Form Submission Rate setting (hide form and/or display an error message to the user instead of waiting until they attempt to submit the form).
- Updated to only load reCAPTCHA scripts when form(s) have reCAPTCHA enabled.
- Updated to support Craft's
- Fixed a bug where the Submissions/Spam CP index includes an "Edit Submission" option that isn't usable.
- Refactored the submission delete process to use batching.
- Fixed a bug where links to view/edit individual submissions in the CP disappeared in Craft 4.3.2+.
- Fixed a bug where the Freeform Form element field type was not sorting form options alphabetically.
- Fixed a bug where email notifications were sometimes not being fetched when fetched by handle.
- Fixed a bug where two sets of "set status" actions would appear in CP submissions index.
- Fixed a bug where fetching existing tags for the ActiveCampaign integration was not working correctly.
- Verified compatibility with Craft 4.3.
- Fixed a bug where database notification templates were not being loaded properly in the form builder.
- Fixed a bug where a warning was output in the Craft logs when loading dashboard widgets.
- Fixed a bug where the "All Submissions" filter in Submissions and Spam Folder CP indexes would crash when there were more than 60 forms present.
- Added a "Floating Labels" version of the Bootstrap 5 example formatting template.
- Fixed a bug where garbage collection was not working on Freeform submissions.
- Fixed a bug where the "Send Additional Notification" feature was not working correctly.
- Fixed a bug where searching
freeform.submissionsacross multiple forms was not working correctly.
- Added success events for AJAX forms with
- Fixed a bug that would prevent some integrations with OAuth 2.0 from being able to authorize.
- Fixed a bug where the Email Template dropdown select in the form builder would not show all templates if using a mix of database and file templates.
- Fixed a bug where users could create file-based email notification templates in the form builder when the setting for it is disabled.
- Fixed a bug where using the
backbutton in multi-page forms could potentially cause issues when using default browser validation.
- Added a setting to disable the creating and editing of File-based email notification templates.
- Updated the AJAX response payload to include posted values.
- Fixed a bug where attempting to create a new status would not work.
- Fixed a bug where some field types would not correctly store updates with empty values in multi-page forms.
- Fixed a bug where users without permissions to Freeform could add Freeform widgets to the Craft dashboard.
- Fixed a bug where the
formreserved keyword was being allowed for field handles.
- Updated the Google Tag Manager event to include the AJAX response.
- Fixed a race condition issue where loading values when editing an element would sometimes not work.
- Fixed a bug where duplicating forms could cause an error when more than one user group has permission to manage it.
- Fixed a bug where the Tailwind 3 sample formatting template was not including custom input attributes when rendering Select fields.
- Fixed a bug where non-latin characters were being allowed in field handles in the field manager area.
- Fixed a bug where predefined assets in email notifications showed a full file path instead of just the filename.
- Fixed a bug where multiple instances of the same form are added when moving the form instance around the DOM.
- Added a v3 version of the Tailwind example formatting template.
- Added a new version of the HubSpot API integration to address new Private App token requirement. This is a required change for any existing HubSpot users.
- Updated the Campaign third party plugin email marketing integration to use new
- Fixed a bug where attempting to sort submissions in the CP submissions index page was not working.
- Fixed a bug where non-latin characters were being allowed in field and form handles.
- Fixed a bug where attempting to view a related Freeform submission element in the slideout in another element could error.
- Fixed a bug where attempting to attach a Predefined Asset to an email notification template would give an Internal server error.
This is a larger and more complex update than usual, and there's a higher chance of a failed update attempt happening. Please ensure you have a recent database backup, and we recommend you test the update on a local/staging environment before updating your production server. Please follow the Upgrading from Freeform 3.x guide.
- Added compatibility with Craft 4.x.
- Added Export Email Notifications feature. Allows you to send exports as email notifications automatically.
- Added more information to email notification error logging. It now includes the email notification approach and the Email field name (if applicable) to track down where the issue is coming from.
- Added setting to have CSV exports use field handles for headings instead of field labels.
- Added support for permanently deleting soft-deleted submissions.
data-skip-html-reloadform attribute option to bypass HTML reload for AJAX forms (when not using render method).
EVENT_GET_CUSTOM_PROPERTYdeveloper event, which lets you inject your own properties on forms to expand their application.
EVENT_CONFIGURE_CORSdeveloper event, which lets you modify the CORS headers that will be sent with the request.
- Added a check in the diagnostics, install welcome screen, and settings pages to alert users if the "Freeform Script Insert Type" setting will not work as Static URLs (and needs to be switched to Files).
- Added the ability to map Mailchimp Interests to a form field. Limited to finding and passing a single Interest based on first match within Interest names part of a List.
- Added support for date fields in the Campaign Monitor integration.
- Changed all existing forms with the Success Behavior setting set to No Effect to now be Reload Form with Success Message. This will behave somewhat similarly to old behavior, but will no longer automatically redirect to a different URL upon success. Please review all forms and set the desired behavior for each in the Success Behavior setting. If you wish to continue to override the behavior at template level, you can do that as well.
- Changed all sample formatting templates to include a library version number on them and also end with the
foundation-6.twig). Freeform 4 will automatically migrate all existing forms using sample formatting templates to use the new file names. You shouldn't need to change anything. Where this might become an issue is if you are using the
formattingTemplate: 'template-name.html'parameter at template level and relying on an older version of the sample template name.
- Changed all sample formatting templates use
|t('freeform')only (instead of a mix of
|t('freeform')). If you're using static translations on sample formatting templates, you'll need to move
site.phptranslations over to
- Changed the rendering of single checkboxes to now use the value set inside the form builder. No action should be necessary here. If you have a custom module in place to override this behavior, you can likely undo that now.
- Changed Email fields to no longer store data as an array. The migration will comb through your database and convert all values of Email field types (e.g.
email@example.com). If you were relying on this feature to collect more than one email address, only the first email address will be kept (e.g.
firstname.lastname@example.org). No action is necessary here, but if you relied on this functionality, it is a breaking change with no alternative option currently (aside from adding multiple Email fields to your forms, one for each email address). If you have a custom module that is working around this in any way, you should be able to disable it now.
- Updated newly created email notification templates' "From" email address and name to default to the newer way (via Project Config), e.g.
craft.app.projectConfig.get('email.fromEmail')). If you are using the older approach in existing email notification templates, be sure to update them.
- Changed the way form submission data is stored. A new table for each form is now created and updated rather than storing all forms' submission data in a single shared database table. This solves several issues, including running out of fields and paves the way for more exciting future improvements to the form builder. Fields are still global and available to every form. No action should be necessary by the admin, as Freeform includes a migration script that automatically converts the data to be split into multiple database tables. This process may take a little longer if you have a very large site.
- All Freeform fields are now stored as the
TEXTMySQL type instead of a combination of
VARCHAR(255). This is a change that is applied to all existing fields as well since they are recreated in the migration. No action should be necessary here. In the rare case where your site has some kind of customization that relies on a MySQL type other than
TEXT, you may have to adjust the database manually.
- Updated Dashboard, Forms listing and Survey & Polls dashboard to hide forms for users that do not have any form or submission access permissions to them.
- Switched over CP scripts to use local copies of external scripts.
- Upgraded the GraphQL interface calls to use the new Craft GraphQL API.
- Updated the "Use Return URL" success behavior to skip reloading the form (briefly) when using AJAX.
- Updated the sample formatting templates to include
ff-fieldtype-FIELDTYPEclasses to field-surrounding divs.
symfony/filesystemdependency version requirements to resolve some conflicts.
- Fixed a bug where POST Forwarding would still send through spammy submissions.
- Fixed a bug where the form builder tutorial would show an error if the
allowAdminChangessetting was disabled.
- Fixed a bug where Drag & Drop File Upload fields would not respect all site URL setups.
- Fixed a bug where users with permissions to Create New Forms would encounter issues in the New Form wizard modal.
- Fixed a bug where users without Create New Forms permission would see the New Form button in the CP Forms page.
- Fixed a bug where Number fields with a minimum value above
0would still allow
0as a valid value.
- Fixed a bug where an error could sometimes occur on the Form Behavior settings page.
- Fixed a bug with conditional Post Forwarding options check.
- Fixed a bug where the Drag & Drop File Upload field type was requiring a file to be selected even when hidden by the Conditional Rules feature.
- Fixed a bug where the predefined "Yesterday" option for Export Profiles returned yesterday 0:00 until now instead of yesterday 0:00 to 23:59.
- Fixed a bug where the form builder would not show an error message when creating a new notification template if the email notification template directory path was not set.
- Fixed a bug where the Save & Continue Later field was not available in GraphQL schema.
- Fixed a bug where Dynamic Recipient fields would still send email notifications while hidden via Conditional Rules.
- Fixed a bug where uploaded file attachments in email notifications showed a full file path instead of just the filename.
- Fixed a bug where Stripe subscription plan names could possibly show up blank if no price plan description was provided. If so, Freeform will now autogenerate plan names.
- Fixed a bug where the form builder didn't warn that
authoris a reserved handle name.
- Adjusted the NL translation word for
anyin the conditional rules feature.
- Fixed a bug where incorrectly including a twig file in the Success Template Directory path would break settings and form builder.
- Fixed a bug where the Stripe Payments integration could be causing a customer as well as guest account in Stripe for the same transaction.
- Fixed a bug where credit card numbers were not showing up in Stripe's payment methods for customer accounts.
- Addressed some potential XSS vulnerabilities.
- Removed the old Pardot CRM and Constant Contact email marketing API integrations. Please switch to the newer Pardot and Constant Contact integrations if you haven't already, and delete the old legacy ones before upgrading to Freeform 4.
- Removed the
phpoffice/phpspreadsheetdependency to prevent install conflicts. Excel exporting inside Freeform is temporarily disabled until a new library is implemented.
- Removed the
league/flysystemdependency as it is not needed.
← Beta Testing Settings →