This document is for an older version of
View latest version →
Pro 2.5.25+ActiveCampaign CRM API Integration
This documentation page assumes you have read over the CRM Integration Overview page. If you have not yet read it, please do so now. We also assume that you have an ActiveCampaign account already setup. This integration requires that you have Freeform Pro. If you currently have Freeform Lite, you can purchase an upgrade to Freeform Pro.
ActiveCampaign integration includes support for the following:
- Field mapping to all standard and custom fields.
- Duplicate check on Contact email address (will update other details if it matches instead of creating a new contact).
- Duplicate check on Organization name (will use an existing organization if the value matches instead of creating a new one).
- Create & get API Key from ActiveCampaign:
- Go to ActiveCampaign website and log into your account.
- At the bottom left corner, click on the Settings nav menu option / gear icon (above profile icon).
- On the next page, click the Developer subnav option near the middle of the page.
- Leave this page open and open a new tab to go to Craft control panel...
- Setup Integration on your site:
- Go to the CRM section in Freeform Settings (Freeform > Settings > CRM).
- Click the New CRM Integration at the top right.
- Select ActiveCampaign from the Service Provider select dropdown.
- Enter a name and handle for the integration.
- Copy the value in the URL field from ActiveCampaign and paste it into the API URL field in Freeform.
- Copy the value in the Key field from ActiveCampaign and paste it into the API Key field in Freeform.
- In the Pipeline field, enter the name or ID of the ActiveCampaign Pipeline you wish to have Deal data sent to, e.g.
- In the Stage field, enter the name or ID of the ActiveCampaign Stage you wish to have Deal data sent to, e.g.
- In the Owner field (optional), enter the username or ID of the ActiveCampaign user to assign as the Deal owner.
- At the top right corner of Freeform page, click Save button.
- Verify Authorization:
- After the integration is saved, it'll return you to the list of CRM integrations.
- Click into the newly created integration.
- Confirm that there is green circle with Authorized in the middle of the page.
When setting up the form inside Composer, please be sure to map all required fields for Deal:
- Currency, e.g. use a hidden field that contains
- Owner (ID), e.g. use a hidden field that contains
- Value ($ amount), e.g. use a hidden field that contains
500.00or a regular input/select that allows the user to select the value, etc.
If you want the form submitter to automatically (or optionally) be opted into an ActiveCampaign mailing list, use a hidden field or select, radio, checkbox, etc that contains the ID of the mailing list you wish to have them subscribed to. Then map that field to the Mailing List ID field under Contact.