3.6.6 - 2020-04-01
- Updated file uploading to check mime type to help prevent possible security issues (e.g. stops
.txtfiles being renamed to
- Updated Freeform Payments feature to use the Stripe PHP 7 library dependency, allowing for PHP 7.4 support.
- Fixed a bug where the Predefined Assets feature was not working correctly.
- Fixed a bug where Table fields with many columns would distort the Composer form builder interface.
- Fixed a bug where adding rows for Table fields on front end in IE 11 would not work correctly.
- Fixed a bug where submitting forms containing reCAPTCHA v3 on IE 11 would not work correctly.
- Fixed a bug where a JS error would occur when creating/editing CRM integrations.
3.6.5 - 2020-02-27
- Fixed a bug where Relation fields were not able to be mapped to with the Element Connections feature.
- Fixed a bug where field variables could not be used in CC and BCC fields of email notification templates.
- Fixed a bug where changing User groups (selecting different ones after the fact) for Element Connections would clear out existing field mapping.
- Fixed various display/visual issues in Composer form builder under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug where having more than 1 file upload field in a form and using the built-in AJAX would not display validation errors correctly in some cases.
3.6.4 - 2020-02-21
- Fixed a bug where Quick Export was not working for some customers.
3.6.3 - 2020-02-19
- Added Spam Reasons feature for the Freeform Spam Folder. It will now log the reason Freeform considered the submission to be spam and placed in the Spam Folder.
- Updated the POST Forwarding feature to now convert Email Address field data a string value instead of array.
- Fixed a bug where the API integration queue database table for spam submissions had an incorrect unique index.
- Fixed a bug where Freeform would perform a numeric check on field hashes, and would cause issues if the hash resembled number notations.
- Fixed a bug where Freeform form cookies were being set to expire in 50 years instead of 1 year.
- Fixed a bug where the Quick Save button in Composer was getting incorrect positioning on smaller screens.
3.6.2 - 2020-02-04
- Updated Composer form builder to now have floating/locking columns, as it did prior to 3.6 UI update.
- Updated Payments integration to automatically map Email field mapping to Stripe's
reciept_emailfield in addition to its
3.6.1 - 2020-01-29
- Fixed a bug where the Save button inside Composer form builder would disappear when changing a form's name.
- Fixed a bug where API integrations would cause the Composer form builder to not load and/or display JS errors.
- Fixed a bug where email notifications would not send if using the Relations feature and including the related element inside the notification template.
- Fixed a bug where Dynamic Recipients fields were not always exporting as the email address value when using Quick Export.
3.6.0 - 2020-01-23
Freeform 3.6+ is now only available for Craft 3.4+, as this update includes various Craft 3.4+ compatibility fixes and changes. Also, existing Zoho CRM users will need to update and reauthorize their integrations due to a change made for better compatibility with European accounts.
- Updated Freeform for compatibility with Craft 3.4+.
- Made various improvements and changes to the Composer form builder UI.
- Updated the way Freeform checks for old 2.x versions of its dependencies so it won't break installs.
- Changed the Zoho CRM integrations to now require manual setting of Access Token URL and API Root URL for compatibility with European accounts. Existing Zoho CRM users will need to update and reauthorize their integrations.
- Fixed a bug where using reCAPTCHA v3 and having more than 1 form loaded in the same page would display JS errors.
- Fixed a bug where Composer and the front end could error if setting to hide default formatting templates was enabled, and there are no custom formatting templates available.
3.5.10 - 2020-01-14
- Updated the Date & Time field type to no longer include the
autocompleteattribute by default.
- Fixed a bug where the File Upload field type would not correctly display validation errors with built-in AJAX.
- Fixed a bug where Stripe payments that contained decimals values would lose 1 cent in the transaction.
- Fixed a bug where the Freeform error log could sometimes not display the correct dates.
- Fixed a bug where using the Predefined Assets feature could cause the email notification template and form to fail in some cases.
- Fixed a bug where the "Export as CSV" feature for submissions was ordering field columns by field ID instead of matching the Composer layout order.
- Fixed a bug where Placeholders for fields were not translatable.
- Fixed a bug where you could not select a formatting template if only 1 was available.
3.5.9 - 2020-01-02
- Updated reCAPTCHA settings to have the ability to use environment variables.
- Updated email notification templates to have more settings with the ability to use environment variables.
- Fixed a bug where the GET Query String feature was not working correctly for single checkboxes.
- Fixed a bug where error messages on radio or checkbox group fields were not displaying correctly when options are displayed on a single line and using the built-in AJAX feature.
- Fixed a bug where filtering the submissions overview in the CP by status (e.g. pending or closed), would return a 500 error in some cases.
3.5.8 - 2019-12-16
- Added POST Forwarding feature, allowing your forms to automatically submit an extra POST to pass off submission data to an external API URL upon successful submit and validation of a form.
- Fixed a bug where Stripe payment forms would fail if a declined credit card was used.
3.5.7 - 2019-12-11
- Added Tailwind CSS formatting template to the built-in example options. Due to the nature of Tailwind, this likely won't be useable as-is for most customers, but will serve as a good starting point for creating your own. If you have any suggestions on how we can improve upon this template, please let us know. 🙂
- Fixed a bug where the 'Disable Submit Button on Form Submit' feature was not working correctly.
3.5.6 - 2019-12-09
This update includes an important security vulnerability fix.
- Fixed a bug where reCAPTCHA v2 Invisible and v3 was breaking built-in AJAX submitting.
- Fixed a potential security vulnerability with submitting of forms.
- Fixed a bug where Min Date and Max Date settings for Date & Time fields could error incorrectly in some cases.
3.5.5 - 2019-12-04
allFieldsAndBlocksto email notification templates, which does the same as
allFieldsbut includes HTML blocks and Rich Text blocks as well.
- Updated Freeform's Composer-based attributes settings for fields and forms to no longer allow Twig parsing.
- Fixed a bug where reCAPTCHA v3 was not working correctly.
- Fixed a bug where Table fields would not generate additional rows correctly if there was only a single column.
- Fixed a bug where the submissions chart in the Submissions CP index page was not correctly factoring in timezones.
3.5.4 - 2019-11-14
- Fixed a bug where Table field types could not be shown/hidden with Conditional Rules.
- Fixed a bug where Dynamic Recipients fields would not map to API integrations correctly.
- Fixed a bug where granting users/groups permissions to manage specific forms would not allow them to delete submissions.
- Fixed a bug where whitelisting spam submissions would error if the email notification template uses a layout.
- Fixed a bug where the multi-page form
currentPageproperty was resetting to
0if page reloaded due to error, etc.
- Fixed a bug where the CP individual submission page was not showing/hiding fields based on Conditional Rules.
- Fixed a bug where the CP individual submission page was showing and validating reCAPTCHA.
- Fixed a bug where field options populated by Entries that are of a Structure type could not be sorted by their correct hierarchy.
- Fixed a bug where setting an incorrect IP address field value for the HubSpot integration would not log an error to the log.
3.5.3 - 2019-10-24
- Added Zoho Leads and Zoho Deals CRM API integrations (Pro).
- Added 'Minimum Submit Time' and 'Form Submit Expiration' form submit control settings to help fight spam or other use-cases.
- Fixed a bug where using reCAPTCHA v2 Invisible would break form submitting in some cases.
- Fixed a bug where you could get an internal server error when someone uploaded a 0 byte file attachment.
3.5.2 - 2019-10-18
- Fixed a bug where using Microsoft Edge browser would sometimes create duplicates when the user submitted a form.
3.5.1 - 2019-10-01
- Fixed a bug where submissions were falsely being flagged as spam when a custom Honeypot field name was not set.
- Fixed a bug with a navigation permission check on Export Profiles.
3.5.0 - 2019-09-25
- Added Table field type, which allows users to enter repeating data rows into predefined columns (Pro).
- Added Invisible field type, which allows you to collect hidden data in form submissions without a hidden field being present in the template source code (Pro).
- Added 'Custom Honeypot Field Name' and 'Custom Honeypot Failed Error Message' settings for Freeform's built-in spam protection.
- Updated File Upload fields to now allow custom subfolder paths. You can also dynamically build subfolder paths with
- Updated the Users Element Connection to allow assigning users to multiple user groups.
- Updated Freeform to show an error message if the old Freeform Pro 2.x plugin (which should be uninstalled) is still installed after an upgrade from Freeform 2.x to 3.x. Please follow the Upgrading from Freeform 2.x guide for proper upgrading from 2.x to 3.x.
- Adjusted the Craft element toolbar in CP Submissions index to no longer include Export button (as Freeform includes other and better export options, and this approach would not work correctly).
- Fixed a bug where submissions that are flagged as spam would not keep the attached file(s) submitted with it.
- Fixed an incompatiblity issue with the Scout plugin and potentially other plugins.
- Fixed several IE 11 compatibility bugs with special field types.
3.4.1 - 2019-09-16
- Updated the Signature fieldtype to also include ability to style the signature pad/square and pen size, color, etc, inside Composer.
- Fixed a bug where the Webhooks create/edit page was not showing options for the Type setting.
3.4.0 - 2019-09-12
- Added Signature fieldtype that allows users to handwrite signatures inside forms (Pro).
3.3.3 - 2019-09-11
- Added new
freeform.loadFreeformScripts()function that allows you to manually insert Freeform's JS in the template.
- Added the ability to check if the multi-page 'Previous' submit button was pressed in the Freeform JS plugin on submit callback.
- Updated the Infusionsoft API integration to allow multiple tags to be assigned.
- Updated the Infusionsoft API integration to work with 'Whole Number' and 'YesNo' field types.
- Fixed a bug where using the User Element Connections feature would not work correctly if using a multi-page form and the Password field was on a page other than the last.
3.3.2 - 2019-09-05
- Fixed a bug where a migration was causing the Payments
intervalCountdatabase table column to not allow null, which would trigger errors when submitting the form.
- Fixed a bug where editing submissions on the front end was not remembering updated choices when the form reloaded after triggering errors.
- Fixed a bug where error styling on inputs were not checking for actual changes to the field value before removing error styling when using with AJAX.
- Fixed a bug where the submission ID was no longer be returned on AJAX calls.
- Fixed a bug where the Payments SCA popup was not being triggered in Firefox.
- Fixed a bug where IP address collecting was not as reliable.
3.3.1 - 2019-08-21
- Fixed a bug where the return URL was not present in AJAX responses.
- Fixed a bug where rating and single checkbox fields were losing their values when being updated in the CP.
- Fixed a bug where updating submissions status from CP index or front end editing would clear submission Notes.
3.3.0 - 2019-08-20
This update includes a large change to the Stripe Payments integration to support the Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) changes to the Stripe API. Please read changelog carefully and review notes in the Freeform Payments documentation to see what possible breaking changes might affect your forms and/or form flow.
- Added Notes feature for submissions. Allows you to add private notes when updating a submission inside the control panel.
- Updated the Stripe Payments integration to support Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) changes to the Stripe API. The new EU rule comes into effect on September 14, 2019, so any site based in the EU or accepting payments from EU customers will be affected and need to update to Freeform 3.3+ in order to prevent payments from being declined. Due to some limitations with the API and making things work with Freeform, there are some new limitations that may be breaking changes to your form and/or form flow. Please refer to the Freeform Payments documentation for more information.
- Fixed a bug where the Honeypot input field contained the "aria-hidden" attribute twice.
3.2.5 - 2019-08-09
- Added German translations.
- Fixed a potential security vulnerability with textarea fields.
- Fixed a bug where the
overrideValuesparameter was not correctly setting defaults for checkboxes, checkbox groups, radios and select fields.
- Fixed a bug where the Craft Campaign plugin mailing list integration was not available to setup.
- Fixed a bug where soft deleted Section Entry Types were showing as options in the Element Connections feature.
- Fixed a bug where elements were not being deleted via the Service method.
3.2.4 - 2019-08-01
- Updated the HubSpot integration to perform duplicate checks on Contacts and Companies and update them accordingly.
- Updated the Salesforce Opportunity integration to perform an additional duplicate check option (check on email address and email domain/website only instead of names) on Contacts and Accounts and update them accordingly.
- Updated the HubSpot and Salesforce Opportunity integrations to have settings that allow checkbox group data to append additional values on updating of Contacts and Companies/Accounts instead of replacing the value.
- Fixed a bug where the date picker wouldn't load for Date fields when loading more than 1 form in the same page.
3.2.3 - 2019-07-23
- Added support for populating Dynamic Recipients field options with Craft Element data.
- Updated Conditional Rules to allow fields to be dependant on Hidden fields as well.
- Updated the Date & Time field type to no longer have the "Lowercase AM/PM?" settings for Date Picker.
- Fixed a bug where loading more than 1 of the same form in the same template would not work correctly with built-in AJAX. Be sure to specify
idparameter so the ID is unique for each form.
- Fixed a bug where some settings-related migrations might error for some users.
- Fixed a bug where exporting with Firefox would not include file extensions for all data types.
- Fixed a bug where Credit Card fields were not working correctly in IE 11.
- Fixed a bug where the email notification template subject was encoding quotes, apostropies, etc.
- Fixed a bug where Mailing List fields were missing their icon in Composer.
3.2.2 - 2019-07-17
This update includes a change to the default loading of the Date & Time field type date picker. If you're using this field type in your custom templates (default sample ones have been updated), please be sure to review and/or remove the
addEventListener("flatpickr-ready"... JS code from your templates.
- Added a
Default Formatting Templategeneral setting, allowing you to set the default formatting template for all new forms.
- Added a Before Initialization developer event for Date & Time field type date picker.
- Updated the Date & Time field date picker to no longer use
static: true(which then loaded a special wrapper element that needed to be styled). This may be a breaking update for your templates, so be sure to review your templates if using this field type, and remove the
addEventListener("flatpickr-ready"...JS code from your templates (default sample formatting templates have been updated).
- Updated the Notifications service to be accessible via Twig as
- Fixed a bug where Freeform's error log would show
Cannot send session cookieerrors in Craft 3.2+.
- Fixed a bug where the Date & Time field type date picker may not correctly load correctly for alternative locales.
- Fixed a bug where creating Export Profiles for forms that contained a number in the handle would error.
- Fixed some bugs in the Infusionsoft CRM API integration.
3.2.1 - 2019-07-11
- Updated Settings area to continue to allow access to API integrations, Statuses and Error Log when the Craft
allowAdminChangessetting is false (as the aforementioned areas are not true settings available to project config, etc).
- Fixed a bug where the Date & Time field datepicker was not loading other locales when specified.
3.2.0 - 2019-07-09
- Added ability to automate relating of Freeform submissions to other Craft Elements, thus allowing robust comment, ratings/reviews, sign-up forms, and more! (Pro)
- Added Zapier and generic Webhooks integrations (Pro).
- Added ability to have page skipping in Conditional Rules feature skip to a complete submit.
- Added ability to add and remove files to submissions inside the control panel.
- Added ability to orderby and sort Element data populated into Freeform fields.
- Added ability to suppress webhooks.
- Updated Slack Webhooks section in Settings to now just be in a consolidated section called 'Webhooks' with the option to use Slack (and Zapier, etc) as a type.
- Updated Freshdesk integration to have more improvements such as mapping off file attachments.
- Improved Submissions object template markup for automated rendering of field data to be more intuitive. No longer need to use
fieldMetadataand can use
- Fixed a bug where loading more than one form with reCAPTCHA would not work correctly.
- Fixed a bug where the Stripe Webhook URL was not working correctly and would generate a 404 error.
- Fixed a bug where editing multi-page submissions with Conditional Rules page skip triggered would erase skipped page data.
- Fixed a bug where the
includeAttachmentssetting in email notification templates was not working.
- Fixed a bug where unchecking a checkbox when editing a form submission would continue to leave checkbox value as checked.
3.1.0 - 2019-06-28
suppressparameter that allows template-level suppression of email notifications, API integrations and Element Connections feature. Can be used for any reason, but more commonly used for editing existing submissions on front end.
- Added Freshdesk CRM (helpdesk) API integration (Pro).
- Added Infusionsoft CRM API integration (Pro).
- Fixed a bug where user registration forms (Element Connections) were not handling email activation process correctly.
- Fixed a bug where Payments forms would not work correctly if the dynamic amount value field was on a different page from the Stripe credit card fields in a multi-page form.
- Fixed a bug where using Export Profiles with PostgreSQL would return an error.
3.0.6 - 2019-06-26
- Fixed a bug where a migration could error for some customers using PostgreSQL.
- Fixed a bug where OAuth-based integrations were not connecting properly.
3.0.5 - 2019-06-25
- Fixed a bug where Stripe credit card fields were not working in front end templates.
- Fixed a bug where single checkbox fields weren't able to map to a Craft checkboxes field when using Element Connections feature.
3.0.4 - 2019-06-25
- Fixed a bug where the Element Connections feature would error when using a multi-option field that was required on Freeform's side.
- Fixed a bug where the Empty Option Label feature with predefined/element data options was not refreshing the value between selecting different fields.
- Fixed a bug where customers using more recent versions of PHP 7 would see a
setcookie() expects parameter 3 to be integer, float givenerror.
3.0.3 - 2019-06-21
- Added Active Campaign CRM API integration (Pro edition).
- Added a setting to have the "Enable AJAX" feature checked by default for all new forms.
- Updated Honeypot field to ensure screen readers don't see it and it can't be tabbed to, etc.
- Fixed a bug where using a Freeform field to generate the Reply-to, CC, and BCC fields that didn't contain a value (empty from submission) would cause the email notification to fail.
- Fixed a bug where editing a form submission on the front end would not automatically update the submission title.
3.0.2 - 2019-06-18
- Fixed a bug where the Freeform 3 migration had some incorrect foreign keys for some Pro and Payments database tables when upgrading from v2 Lite.
- Fixed a bug where a migration was not compatible with PostgreSQL.
- Fixed a bug where filtering submissions by status in templates would return an error.
- Fixed a bug where the Element Connections feature would error when mapping to an entry section that did not have the primary site enabled for it.
- Fixed a bug where single checkbox fields would always be checked by default when placed in multipage forms on page 2 or greater.
- Fixed some very minor visual errors in sample formatting templates.
3.0.1 - 2019-06-14
- Fixed a bug where some update migrations were failing when the
allowAdminChangesProject Config setting was set to
- Fixed a bug Hidden fields were not always showing up in CP Submission view.
- Fixed a bug where the Freeform 3 migration was missing some meta columns from Pro and Payments database tables when upgrading from v2 Lite.
- Fixed a few minor regression bugs for notification template and formatting template path settings.
3.0.0 - 2019-06-11
This is a larger and more complex update than usual, and there's a higher chance of a failed update attempt happening. Please ensure you have a recent database backup, and we recommend you test the update on a local/staging environment before updating your production server. Please follow the Upgrading from Freeform 2.x guide.
- Added support for editing submissions (Pro).
- Added Slack Webhooks API integration (Pro).
- Added support for reCAPTCHA v2 Invisible and v3 (Pro).
- Added ability to choose failed reCAPTCHA behavior (show error or send to Freeform Spam Folder).
- Added Opinion Scale field type (Pro).
- Added Rich Text block special field to allow for easier managing of content inside form layouts (Pro).
- Added support for searching on fields in
- Added Excel exporting option (Pro).
- Added ability to limit submissions to 1 per user per form (Pro).
- Added support for GET query strings filling fields with values.
- Added CC and BCC fields in email notifications.
- Added Plain Text email notification template options.
- Added ability to predefine Assets to attach to all emails sent from an email notification template (e.g. a ticket PDF or instructions document, etc) (Pro).
- Added support for using environment variables inside email notification templates.
EVENT_AFTER_CONNECTdeveloper events for Element Connections feature.
- Added Resources area in control panel for quick access to docs/support/feedback, etc.
- Consolidated Lite, Pro and Payments plugins into a unified Freeform plugin with editions.
- Combined Freeform Payments into the Pro edition of Freeform.
- The following features are no longer be available in the Lite edition of Freeform (but available in Pro): Element Connections (mapping to Craft Elements)/ building of User Registration forms, Confirm and Password field types, retroactively resend email notifications, automatically purge submission data, accept Payments with Stripe (requires Pro now) and rename the plugin in CP. Support for reCAPTCHA v2 Checkbox was added to the Lite edition.
- Updated Freeform to use a unified JS plugin to handle all built-in JS. Plugin is extendable too, allowing for easier overriding of defaults.
- Updated the Freeform JS Honeypot to now be regular Honeypot with optional JS enhancement feature (to work the same way).
- Updated Phone, Website and Number field types to default to rendering as corresponding type attribute (e.g.
- Updated Canadian Provinces predefined field data to include French and Bilingual options in addition to English.
- Improved Element Connections feature to be more robust and handle mapping of data better.
- Updated User Element Connection feature to have option to suppress User Activation email notification for those that wish to Admin activate only.
- Updated User Element Connection feature to allow all user groups, including ones that have access to Craft CP.
- Adjusted built-in AJAX feature to automatically remove error styling on blur once a user enters a new value/option.
- Overhauled Freeform demo templates to be simpler and easier to use / understand.
^1.22.1|^2.19for better compatibility with other plugins, and to reduce the chances of seeing deprecation notice.
- Various visual improvements to Composer interface and throughout CP.
- Fixed a bug where the Purge Submissions feature was not also removing associated Assets.
- Fixed a bug where using AJAX and uploading files was keeping Asset files stored even when the form errored.
- Fixed a bug where soft-deleted submissions were being included in exports.
- Fixed a bug where using Radio field type with Freeform Payments forms (for amount) were not working correctly.
- Fixed a bug where Rating field stars sometimes looked plumper than they should in the CP.