Installing & Updating
Solspace Calendar mostly meets the same requirements as listed on the Craft Requirements page.
- Craft 2.6.2780 or later
- PHP 5.3.x - 7.1.x
- MySQL 5.1.0 or later
- Windows and OS X browsers:
- Chrome 21 or later
- Firefox 28 or later
- Safari 9.0 or later
- Internet Explorer 11 or later
- Microsoft Edge
- Unzip the download package and copy the calendar folder to your Craft sites /craft/plugins/ directory.
- Go to the Settings > Plugins page and click Install for the Calendar plugin.
Solspace Calendar uses the Craft Update Service, which means that every time there's an update available, it'll show up in the Updates area of the Craft control panel. You can then review the changelog there, or view it here.
To download the update, simply click the download button (you'll be taken to your account area on the Solspace site) and download the updated package for Solspace Calendar. Then follow the steps below:
- Within your Craft sites /craft/plugins/ directory, delete the calendar folder.
- Unzip the download package and copy the new calendar folder to your Craft sites /craft/plugins/ directory.
- Visit the Craft control panel and let the upgrade routine run.
Follow the steps below to quickly get Solspace Calendar setup in minutes.
- Customize and configure Solspace Calendar settings by visiting the Settings page (Freeform > Settings).
- Calendar ties into regular Craft User Group Permissions. Simply visit the Craft permissions page for the applicable user group(s) (Settings > Users > User Groups) to grant/edit/remove permissions to Calendar. See Permissions documentation for more information.
- Install the Demo Templates (Calendar > Settings > Demo Templates) to get Calendar up and running on the front end with just a couple clicks!
Currently, there are only 2 known issues:
- ISSUE: After installation, when going to Calendar page I am getting the following error: "Method "settings" for object "Craft\CalendarVariable" does not exist"
- CAUSE: If you have the Tipping Media Venti plugin currently installed, you might run into this issue due to a namespace collision. Calendar uses the Calendar namespace, but Venti seems to sometimes use it as well.
- SOLUTION: If your site is not live, or you're not dependent on this plugin, simply disable it (Settings > Plugins then click Disable button) or if you're not using it, uninstall it.
- ISSUE: When attempting to use Calendar on front end templates, I am getting the following error: "Call to undefined method CalendarLibraryCarbon::setWeekStartsAt()"
- CAUSE: The issue has to do with another third party plugin installed that also uses Carbon. A commonly reported plgin is Postmaster, which appears to be using an older copy of Carbon. Calendar ends up loading Postmaster's Carbon library, causing this issue.
- SOLUTION: Manually updating the vendors directory for the affected plugin to use latest versions may resolve this issue. Customers affected with this issue specifically for Postmaster plugin can contact Solspace support for an updated vendors folder for Postmaster that may resolve the issue.