Salesforce Lead CRM API Integration
This documentation page assumes you have read over the CRM Integration Overview page. If you have not yet read it, please do so now. We also assume that you have a Salesforce account already. This integration requires that you have Freeform Pro. If you currently have Freeform Lite, you can purchase an upgrade to Freeform Pro by visiting your account area.
Includes support for the following:
- Field mapping to standard and custom Lead object fields:
- Text fields:
- Numeric fields:
- There are some limitations to types of fields that can be mapped, such as Lookup fields.
- Text fields:
- Available fields are pulled from the Lead object in Salesforce, which is located at:
- Setup (top right)
- Objects & Fields (left nav)
- Object Manager
- Fields & Relationships (top middle menu)
Prepare Salesforce's end for Integration:
- Open another browser tab and go to Salesforce website and log into your account.
- On the left navigation menu, click on Apps, then click App Manager.
- At the top right corner of the page, click the New Connected App button.
- Fill out the fields in the Basic Information section.
- In the API (Enable OAuth Settings) section, click the Enable OAuth Settings checkbox.
- More fields will appear. In the Callback URL field, enter any valid URL that begins with https (it could even be https://google.com, as we don't use this part).
- In the Selected OAuth Scopes field, select the following permissions from the list and click Add arrow button:
- Allow access to your unique identifier (openid)
- Perform requests on your behalf at any time (refresh_token, offline_access)
- You shouldn't need to fill out any further fields, and then click Save button.
- You will be taken to a new page that lists info about your newly created app, including Consumer Key and Consumer Secret values. You will need to copy each of these values.
- Salesforce gets tricky to navigate, so do yourself a favor and copy and paste these 2 values into a text editor for now, being sure to label each too. You'll save yourself some extra steps later on.
- At the top middle of the page, click on the Manage button.
- At the top middle of the next page, click the Edit Policies button.
- Under the OAuth policies section, adjust the following settings:
- In the Permitted Users field, be sure that it is set to All users may self-authorize.
- In the IP Relaxation field, change the setting to Relaxed IP restrictions.
- Click Save button at bottom of page.
- If you copy and pasted the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret values in a text editor, you can skip these next couple steps:
- To go back to your app to see these values, click on the App Manager navigation item (under Apps)
- Find your app in the list. Then in the right column, click the down arrow, and then click View.
Prepare your site's end for Integration:
Open up the EE config.php file located in the /system/user/config/ directory and create a Freeform config item with the following settings:
- salesforce_client_id is the Salesforce Consumer Key value.
- salesforce_client_secret is the Salesforce Consumer Secret value.
- salesforce_username is your Salesforce account username/email address.
- salesforce_password is your Salesforce account password.
Your final EE config.php file should contain something like this:
$config['freeform_next'] = [ 'salesforce_client_id' => '7SDf7GFDG6O76sd798FdG98s9897F9G7dSFDF9G7sd980G8dfG9FG_aSD650g8dsh7D98g79Fs98ds0788Ps', 'salesforce_client_secret' => '1234567890123456789', 'salesforce_username' => 'firstname.lastname@example.org', 'salesforce_password' => 'yourSalesforcePassword', ];
Prepare the Connection:
- Go to the CRM section in Freeform Integrations area (Freeform > Integrations > CRM)
- Click the New Integration at the top right.
- Select Salesforce Lead from the Service Provider select dropdown.
- Enter a name and handle for the integration.
- At the bottom of the page, click the Save button.
- After the integration is saved, it'll return you to the list of CRM integrations.
- Click into the newly created integration.
- Confirm that there is green circle with Authorized in the middle of the page.
- That's it! You can now use this integration inside Composer.